These days, your mobile phone isn’t just your phone. It’s your calendar, your e-mail inbox, your mp3 player, your portable movie viewer, and even your TV remote control. But did you know that the 85% of US consumers that own a cell phone also use it to research important healthcare information? And it’s not just patients – 70% of doctors find smart phones and other mobile devices essential to their practice.
It’s imperative that we, as healthcare marketers, understand the current applications of mobile devices in this industry so that we can continue to produce innovative and user-friendly applications that improve the way doctors and patients communicate and get information. That’s why BDI is hosting Mobile Healthcare Communications: Case Studies & Round Tables this January 2011. Here are some details about the event:
Date: Wednesday, January 19, 2011
Time: 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Location: The Graduate Center of The City University of NY; 365 Fifth Avenue; New York, New York 10016
They’ve gathered some of the leading voices in the industry to talk about the impact mobile communications has had on healthcare, as well as emerging trends. Here’s a list of the speakers:
John Havens, Executive Vice President, Social Media, Porter Novelli
Lance Hill, CEO, Within3
Jennifer Jones, Senior Vice President, Digital and Social Media, Porter Novelli
Ray Kerins, Vice President/Worldwide Communications, Pfizer Inc.
Dr. Katherine Malbon, Clinical Fellow in Adolescent Medicine, Text in the City, Mt Sinai Adolescent Health Center
Talya Miron-Shatz, PhD, Marketing Department, Wharton, University of Pennsylvania
Marc Monseau, Director, Corporate Communications and Social Media, Johnson & Johnson
Cheryl Nigro, Executive Vice President, Global Health, Porter Novelli
Todd Siesky, Public Relations Manager, Roche Diabetes Care
The conversations and presentations hope to address the following questions:
- How do healthcare brands connect and interact with consumers via mobile strategies?
- How do healthcare brands connect and interact with healthcare professionals via mobile strategies?
- What are the leading technologies being used for mobile strategies?
- How do you deal with regulatory hurdles when implementing mobile campaigns?
- How do you integrate your mobile strategies into your enterprise-wide marketing, communications and social media platforms?
- What are the leading monitoring and measuring approaches/technologies being employed for mobile campaigns?
Register before December 15th and use our exclusive discount code “P&P“ for $40 off the registration fee!
Hope to see you there!